VISION REST HOME (A DIVISION OF VISION '74, Inc.)
We provide compassionate residential care services in Sarnia Lambton to individuals who want to maintain their independence in a home like atmosphere. Our service is designed in a sensitive manner that provides choice and assists in meeting clients needs.
We believe that personal enrichment comes from serving our clients well. A team approach (in conjunction with Vision Nursing Home), staff development and quality initiatives support resident centered outcomes. Volunteers and community agencies are integral to our success.
Room rates are reviewed annually and any rate adjustments are made in accordance with the Tenant Protection Act. Residents/responsible parties are notified ninety (90) days in advance of any change in room rates.
Home Care Services
It sometimes becomes necessary for residents to have additional assistance with bathing and other activities of daily living. When this is a concern the resident and/or their responsible party will be directed to contact Erie St. Clair LHIN to arrange for the appropriate interventions.
- Medical assistance by Registered Staff through provision of supervised pharmaceutical distribution, treatments, periodic monitoring of vital signs, liaising with physicians and maintenance of clients health records
- Availability of beautician, basic and advanced foot care services
- Arrangements for diagnostic services
- A four (4) week menu rotation based on the most current version of the Canada Food Guide
Daily menu posting and indication of alternatives
- Therapeutic diets and nutritional supplements are order by a resident’s physician and through consultation with our Dietitian.
- Assessment of resident’s likes and dislikes related to food
- Availability of between meal snacks
Social, Leisure and Spiritual Choices:
- Regular programs which provide opportunity for mental stimulation, physical exercise, social interaction, community involvement and spiritual enrichment.
- Residents’ Council: the group provides opportunity for sharing ideas, receiving input and participating in and organizing activities.
- Diverse pastoral care programs.
- Outstanding volunteer program which enhances services delivery by our staff.
- Housekeeping services in resident rooms and common areas.
- Laundering of linens on a regular basis. Laundry facilities are provided for residents to do their own personal laundry, or for a nominal fee laundering of personal clothing can be arranged .
- Availability of maintenance service which maintains the building, grounds and equipment in good repair and contribute to the safety and security of residents, staff and visitors.
- Family Council and support through information sessions, meetings and “open door” policy .
- Distribution of resident’s mail.
- Comprehensive education and training programs for staff.